05 May 2008

Logo



We have our logo! Isn't it adorable?

Finished the rough draft of the Business Plan and the Business Policies and Procedures. Secured a location with the right price in the right area. Hired a great friend and former co-worker and her son helped us design our logo so now I can get started on the tags, labels, flyers, business cards, signage, and all that good stuff. Now, hopefully the store will make enough money initially to cover a salary! A little scary but isn't the whole thing both scary and exhilirating? So bipolar, I love it.

The landlord is working on finalizing his version of the lease for us to look at and hopefully the first draft will be agreeable to both parties. I'm pretty open to whatever considering he is willing to give us a six-month lease. That way if I fail (which I WON'T) I can sell the rest of the merchandise out of the garage and hopefully at least pay my mom back her (small but very important) investment.

This economy is great for resale and with my fashion sense and love of shopping I just know this will go great. It will take a long time to decorate and get the store to look like I imagine because we just don't have the funding to actually "design" the store. But I have lots of great funky ideas to make it work without putting up a lot of cash. I figured that out in the projected income and expense report. After we start making a profit, money can go into actually getting the right racks, hangers, bags, or whatever the boutique needs to look as hip as it will be.

The craigslist local community has been great and I know I will have luck at mom's groups and through my preschool as well. I hope after all this I'm able to give back what good is coming to me through this store. I think this is the opportunity I needed to put a positive spin on all the things I went through the past three years- especially the really tough last year and a half.

I'm meeting with a (free) mentor on Friday through SCORE to look over everything which is also very excited. I really would like a 3rd party opinion from someone who has been there before. I hope to finish designing the tags and ordering thoses this week. I also want to re-do my income/expense report with a little more thought. I can put that with the final draft of my Business Plan and the Policies and Procedures and I will be ready for Friday. I need to include more of my start-up brainstorming on a low-budget in my Business Plan because I really should have expanded more on that end of it.

I also want my listing of brands and average prices completed by the end of the week and the Customer Cards so I can start buying by offering store credit as well.

Maybe I can get an hour or so of sleep each night? Or is that setting my expectations way too high?

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SillyHilly said...

Yaaaay! Good job, Nanettie! I'm so proud of you for getting this off the ground, I know you're going to do fantastic!

Cute name, by the way. ;)

Nanette said...

This fantastic friend of mine and myself thought of this name awhile back and I thought it would be okay if I used it for this wonderful venture....