29 June 2008

Moving on Up

6904 Miramar Road Suite #103 will officially be mine in just two days- July 1st.


Hopefully the construction will be done.


I have learned how to use the tag gun and tagged my first product. I purchased a nice used cash register and need to research how to use and program it. And buy the thermal paper for it. A great glider rocking chair will be put in the Kid's Room (it's actually a room), along with a Pottery Barn Changing Table (all used in excellent condition of course) to encourage Mothers to stay, feed their baby, etc. Books for the kids in store bookshelf have been found and need to be sorted. I also took one of my daughter's rugs from her room to put on the floor after I get it cleaned. So cute!


Still doing inventory of course. Have a great phone. Need a phone line and number (hopefully getting set up Monday). Getting quotes for signs and sandwich boards (boards for the entrances on Miramar and Commerce so I can be found). Insurance Done. Checks picked up. Need to finish credit card machine application, retail application, and Federal ID paperwork. If I ever had some time to myself I would probably have more done but that's okay.


I have some teenagers coming part-time to help out in the beginning because I cannot afford to pay an employee. I am really bummed because I had the greatest person in mind but until the store takes off, the money just isn't there.


Need some things from the Office Supply store like sticker lables, open/closed signs, etc.


I printed out my half-inch logo that my friend (who was going to work with me) had her son design and I drew it 8x10 ALL BY MYSELF which is really amazing. No printer could work with it except for tiny logos like tags or receipts which was great but nothing else.


See :)

Looks good huh?

Back to inventory. Keep checking for updates!

2 comments:

jessica rabbit said...

How exciting! I wish I were their for your grand opening! How fun!

Nanette said...

Me too!