02 July 2008

Baby Steps

Well, the walls are painted and the floors are being currently put in. The phone lines will be installed tomorrow and I'll finally have a phone number so I can update my flyers!

I should know the actual move in day by the end of the week. Then I can start planning on the Grand Opening Week. I want something exciting each day to bring in customers. Hopefully they'll help spread the word.

I have a meeting with the Contractor (who is great btw) again tomorrow to talk about some finishing touches. More good news: We have a water outlet and he built a sink and vanity in the children's play area. So cute!

Still working on inventory. My hangers arrived at the store so as soon as my racks get up I can start washing, tagging, sorting and hanging. Thank you to everyone who is offering to help :)

Getting so close. Anxious and excited. The girls are a little sad about spending an extra day at school but I know they will be okay and eventually so will I. This is something I have to do, for all of us, and everyone will be better for it.

Now, figuring out this cash register thing- that's another story!

TBC

5 comments:

izzybean said...

your place sounds like its going to be amazing! I belong to a moms group, if you want me to pass on info, let me know! I can't wait for you to open!
lisa
lisegreen@gmail.com

AuntieKate said...

Congratulations on your new career! It's an exciting industry to be in.

Just a word to the wise, though...delay your Grand Opening until you have a little experience under your belt (and can operate your cash register ;-) ). A soft opening will get you up and ruinning, so when you do spend the ad $ and the effort for a Grand Opening, it'll be a FABULOUS showcase for a FABULOUS new store... first impressions and all that!
Best wishes,
Kate Holmes www.TGtbT.com
Too Good to be Threw

Anonymous said...

What timing! Reading your blog has really inspired me to move ahead with my dream...to open a consignment shop for Moms-to-Tots. I live on the east coast so no competition here. The business will focus on upscale, gently used clothing for moms-to-be, babies and tots. I also want to include specialty items like handmade baby blankets. I'm in the really early stages of the idea. Just started some market research for the business plan. I'm happy to hear that everything is going so well for your business idea. Keep blogging...I'll be a regular reader.

Good luck!

Nanette said...

Thank you so much everyone! I am going to wait for the Grand Opening week until everything is just right. Until then, you might see me with a hand held calculator next to the register but that's okay. It might take a while to set up the store "just right". Please, pass on the info. And anyone local will be on my mailing list- and I won't give any info out. I'll never be that hungry for money. I just want to get by like the rest of us :)

Nanette said...

To auntiekate:

I'm totally awed and inspired you found my journal. Of course I read all your stuff and web site when doing my fifteen page business plan before I even thought this would really happen. I feel special! :)