24 September 2008

Early Closing Thursday September 25th!

Hi everyone-

I'm behind on posting anything exciting, I know. I'm still recuperating but I'll get to it. Promise.

In the meantime, just wanted to give a quick update for those of you who check regularly.
Thursday, September 25th I have to close by 3:30 for Back-to-School Night for my oldest daughter. Regular hours will resume 10-4 Tuesdays - Saturdays unless otherwise noted here! It is only a half-hour before closing time but just wanted to give a heads up so if you are planning on coming in the afternoon, you can get there before I have to leave.

So, come on by a little early. Lots of new stuff in and I'm taking appointments for store credit (only) still. However, I can only look at small amounts of stuff at a time for the next week or two while I recover (think 1-2 laundry baskets, bags, or small bins at the very most). Call for an appointment! I also am buying Halloween Costumes and Holiday Wear. Maybe we can have some kind of Halloween party the week of? Get some extra use out of the costumes? If I get some interest I can even contact a photographer who might be interested. I actually figured out how to put a survey on the site to see if I get some hits on having a Halloween Party and what would be a good day of the week. Maybe even Saturday so school aged kids can attend? A little trick-or-treating and a Halloween story would be cool also! Since I haven't had an official "Grand Opening" and won't until things are fully up and running, I would like to do some sort of events in the meantime to get some new (and repeat) customers in. I have lots of ideas, now its time to start putting them into fruition.
Speaking of pictures, I want to start decorating the store but don't have enough frames for my pictures I have had taken. Thinking Pottery Barn (or that Modern Style- Target, whatever) in off-white (or even black or maple). If you have some you aren't using, I'd love to buy some used ones. Maybe you recently remodeled and changed your colors or bought a ton of frames on sale you don't use. Or just need something from the store or the cash more than some picture frames right now. We all know that feeling! Give me a call.
Can't believe it has almost been two months since my "soft opening". I would love to keep this store up and running so if you have been meaning to come by, please do. Like I always say, even just to let your kids play or feed your new baby and have another mom to talk to. You can see what I have in stock and when you need something, you'll know where I am and what sort of stuff I have (or will buy!). I specialize in clothing, shoes, and accessories (such as blankets, hats, high-end bedding and such). But I also have toys, nursing supplies, photo albums, games, books and a small selection of baby play mats and chairs. Once the play equipment sells I probably won't carry more unless there is high demand because I really want to keep the boutique atmosphere. I love that the store is organized and spacious. Sure, I need more racks and sometimes I am short on sizes but hey, I just opened and I want to keep my prices affordable so I do what I have to. My new stuff is all discounted also- and cleared with my vendors on the pricing.

Check out some of the new cute stuff I have in the store. This Kate Spade Bag has a matching wallet. It's not the best picture, but it is the black back with the etching pattern and the pink inner lining. I have a few other Diaper Bags including another Kate Spade, a babystyle and a new Bumble Bag.

I still have some fabulous Melissa and Doug new toys left (some are currently sold out on their site), Diapees and Wipees, and See Kai Run Shoes. All new (I have a sampling of other new items as well) and I would like to place another order soon on these items. So come see what I have remaining and add to the store wish list for my next order if you are looking for something specific and I'll see what I can do for you!






How fabulous is this stuff?

And remember, it's not just baby clothing. I have up to size 14 and Juniors as well as Maternity, Transition & Nursing Wear. Okay, off to rest for the night. I am still working on my email list for coupons, sorry for the delay. I need to actually compile the list of names in my contacts somehow (Gmail confuses me sometimes on the Contacts) so I can just send a quick email and coupon instead of typing each name and checking for duplicates, etc. Things have been a little hectic, but I will get to it. In the meantime, there is the one on Google Maps which is linked from this site and I have different specials on craigslist San Diego sometimes (search SRMom3).

For now, keep reading and I'll keep writing :)

No comments: