02 August 2008

Return Policy

So it is officially in writing and can be referenced away from the store, my return policy is as follows:

  • Within 7 days of purchase, any item can be refunded or exchanged, that is in original purchased condition with tags and receipt. Item will be refunded in the method paid. You must have the card you purchased the item on to get the refund back on that card. If you paid in cash and request a refund and I do not have enough cash in the register at the time you can either come back (I'll mark your receipt and we'll set up a time) or I will refund it to your debit or credit card.
  • Within 30 days of purchase, any item can be exchanged or refunded for store credit, that is in original purchased condition with tags and receipt. I know sometimes we mean to return things sooner and can't get around to it. So, you can exchange or get store credit which does not expire if you procrastinate on getting the item back.
  • If you do not have a receipt, but the item still has the original tags and is in the same condition as it was purchased in (I mark any flaws in my inventory and on the tags for reference), you have 30 days to make an exchange or receive store credit. How will I know it has been 30 days? Lucky guesses, remembering my customers and hopefully a good register and honest customers.
  • If you have the reciept but do not have the tags, store credit or exchange will be issued within 7 days within the managers discretion. Translation: Items should be in the condition purchased- I know kids sometimes rip off the tags before we can try things on them!

I think that covers everything. Hopefully most of my customers will be satisfied with their purchases but I know sometimes things don't fit as planned or maybe you bought something as a gift. Or say you purchase a pair of shoes without your little one there to try them on. I can't be Nordstrom's, however I will do my best to keep everyone happy!

No comments: