24 August 2008

Three Week Update

Say What? Three Weeks Already???

I'm doing okay. I have been technically open now for three weeks and I am actually doing okay.

So Tuesdays and Saturdays are SLOW. So slow, I am so lucky I still have merchandise to tag, items to inventory, people to contact, floors to clean, babies to take care of, etc. etc. etc. and so no, I guess it is not really slow in the sense of "slow" but in the sense of low customer traffic.

New updates? Yes I have those!

My pictures should be coming in this week. So even though my huge walls are a wonderful calming shade of coffee brown, I want them decorated with my beautiful children.

Five other photographers have contacted me and while I would love to showcase you all, at this point I am going small and taking things day by day. However, every email is saved- never deleted. One never knows what turns the future may take.

So yeah, I have been officially open three full weeks now. I am doing good but I think I can do better. What can I do to encourage more? I think some people want lower end items but I want to be a boutique. I want the customers though. Bargain bin sounding like a good idea. Advertising needs to be a future investment! I'm getting myself and my cards out there but I need more.

And remember, I'm just like you. Another mom doing the best she can in the way she knows how.

Final note-
I'm also selling Laura Roppe CD's now at the store. Another local mom just following her dream. For a taste of her music or to find out more about her visit www.lauraroppe.com. I'll try and post again about how we met and how I finally had my first night out in years thanks to her putting me on her guest list. Her music is beautiful and real- just like music and words should be.

No comments: