24 October 2008

Friday Mornings and other blurbs...

So, my posting has been a lot less than I would like. And for all of you out there following my blog, sorry for nothing interesting recently! I have been a little out of sync the past month. Personal issues, surgery, too many late nights and early mornings, and just the general a lot on my mind like most of us moms have right now. Especially in this economy! Which is why you should shop at my store.... Resale, Recycle, High Quality for Less. Really, if you picture resale as a crowded, stuffy space with racks that are disorganized that you have to pick through for what you are looking for or a decent brand- think again. I promise my store really has the "boutique" atmosphere. One of my goals is to make my customers feel they are in an expensive boutique, getting their kids pampered and themselves personal attention/shopping ideas, but with out only $50 outfits to choose from. Sure, on my new racks I have expensive boutique items, but they are all marked 20% or more off retail. And my resale stuff is all hand-picked by me and taken care of as if it was my own children's clothing.




Speaking of my new items, here's some pictures of some adorable new baby nay and Baby Lulu USA I have in stock for less than retail. I have seen the cheap Baby Lulu on eBay like everyone else. Do you know most of it is now made in China or fakes? That's why a dress is selling new on eBay for $20 instead of $44. I may not have this season's runway styles in, but they are all originals and since they are earlier seasons or years I can buy them for less and therefore pass on that bargain to you and sell the items for less.




Look at this baby nay romper. Love the lace butt! I have some matching long sleeve knit dresses if you like the pattern.










And here are just a few of my new Baby Lulu in stock. I have lots more to still inventory also. And even a pretty good selection of used if you are a big fan of Baby Lulu but can't (or don't want) to pay for the new stuff.


I have other brands coming in and out all the time. Some boutique, some random (like Old Navy or Janie & Jack) but mostly girl. My selection of new boy clothes is adequate but not where I would like it to be. I hope to be working with some other boutiques on consignment to get their new items in the store and pass on the discount to you guys. My deals are yours!



I can't believe it is two AM already! It is hard enough to get enough rest being a mom, but add being a working mom and forgetaboutit.



Note of importance! Friday mornings I am going to be volunteering in my oldest daughter's classroom. Now most of the time it won't take very long (I am sorting and redistributing books) but occasionally it might. Therefore, I might be running a few minutes late some Fridays. Think between 10-10:30. Once I get a system down, I can probably do it faster also. So if by chance you get there before me, I am on my way. Kick back, have a cup of coffee and/or read a magazine while hopefully baby is sleeping from the car ride or even better, the kids are at school and this may be the only break you get!



On the topic of waiting, since I work by myself I have to lock up if I need to step out for a moment. I might need to use the restroom, talk to a neighbor, grab a snack, etc. I'm never out longer than 5-10 minutes and usually even less. If that's the case, I put the closed sign up with a note "Be Right Back!" and I will so don't get frustrated and leave. And if for some reason I have to go run a quick errand or an emergency comes up, I will post a sign saying so and when and if I will be back. This has very rarely happened. Occasionally I do have an appointment or something in the morning and I will post on this site on which day I will be coming in a little later or leaving a little early, etc. Also rare, but sometimes necessary. I am pretty much always in the store during open hours, but if some emergency comes up or nature calls I have to lock up for Security reasons but there is always a posting on the door. Give it a minute or two and there I will be! I am always afraid to step out for a moment because I don't want to inconvenience anyone but I have to be realistic and I figure most people are reasonable and understandable and so, I thank you ahead of time if you have to wait a couple minutes every now and then. It has rarely happened that someone has been waiting when I get back, but now you know it could so it hopefully won't be a surprise!



Last blurb of the night (it really is late and my poor coffee pot is broken!)... Our first Ads our out. Check out the classified section in the Military Press and the November Issue of Family Magazine! I also have some free copies of Family Magazine if you want to take one home.



I think I hear my bed yelling at me. Signing off.



Wait! (Sorry bed- be there in a sec).

Still have some Halloween Costumes left and some glow bracelets with purchase. And it is looking like no Halloween Party because I'm not getting a lot of feedback on the actual dates like I did when I asked if it sounded like a good idea. Or, if you and/or your friends are interested, vote! Either way, let's come up with another one. Leave a comment on the blog or call the store if you have an idea for an event!

Military discounts have been extended. Have not had any playgroups or mom's groups book for their discount in awhile so I should post exactly what I offer and some ideas. Also would like to mention more about gift baskets, helping first time moms with making a realistic list of needed items or helping with registries (for a fee, but worth the help if you need it!). I'm not buying a whole lot right now. I am still looking for boys 18M and up and girls size 3 and up. I will take a look at some other smaller items- either things I'm low on, good staples to have on hand or a fabulous "boutique" style item I can't pass up. So come on it and do some shopping! Crib bedding and more slings/baby carriers in as well as a little bit of this and that.



Okay, Okay. I know. I'm really going to bed so I can attempt at least four hours of sleep if all goes well...

No comments: