06 January 2009

Happy New Year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday season and is looking forward to a fabulous 2009! I know I'm ready for good things to come.

It's late, so I'll just give a quick update since I have not posted in awhile. The store is open again, regular hours. Except I'm putting 10:30 to 4 for now because I have a ton of stuff to do around the store, my oldest daughter is out of school a few more weeks, and other random things. So I may be in at 10, but assume 10:30. You can always call first if you want to get there early and I can see if I can make arrangements.

Well the new year brought us some new racks to display the merchandise, so excuse the dust as I rearrange the store. I probably won't be taking any buying appointments until everything gets settled and my tags come in (running low and lots to inventory still!). I like to know what I need before making any purchases, but don't hesitate to call. One never knows ;)

I have also spent the last couple weeks mostly away from the store, spending lots of time with the kiddos and family/friends. We had lots of fun destructing the house and breaking out new projects or finishing chores. This was only spoiled by the horrible virus we all caught, but luckily not only was I away from the store (to not contaminate anyone else) but I am now officially finished with my antibiotics and hoping for my energy level to restore to normal. Of course, I never actually stop working for long. I have a huge list from brainstorming that I have been doing and lots of ideas to get started working on.

My New Year's Resolution is to learn to sew and use a sewing/embroidery machine so I can start on the dream of making some of my own items! Sewing is one craft I never tackled with a machine and certainly never mastered it. I'm keeping my eye out for a gently used inexpensive one to start with. Hopefully something will catch my eye!

I would also like to finalize an official story time. I am working on details of day/time/how often. And maybe even having a different theme each time or treat. Hopefully by the end of the week, I'll make a decision and can get it posted in San Diego Family Magazine for a great turnout! I am also trying to figure out if I should continue at the Scripps Ranch Farmer's Market and if so, how often to be consistent without compromising too much time away from the store.

And since I never had an official "Grand Opening Party" I would like to do something special in the next month or two. I have had several requests from people interested in teaching a short class about something (such as cloth diapers or nutrition) and also other moms that sell stuff (something fun, practical or different) to host a "party" at the store. It could even be during off hours. The playroom would allow the kids to play eliminating the need for a sitter. And of course, I always welcome small playgroups or meetings by appointment and of course, this includes a group discount. So if your breastfeeding group is branching out or you and some friends want an excuse to shop together without 'mall-meltdown' let me know and we can figure something fun out. Also, I would like to do some good things such as more donations and perhaps a blood drive...

Good Night!

No comments: