29 January 2009

Time Flies!

Wow things have been exceptionally crazy- even for me. More so than usual, if that is possible. I have so many things going on around me I felt like none of it was getting "together".

Is that a mom thing or is it just me?

It has been like Christmas at the store. Lots of new inventory and shipments and moving around displays. Although like Christmas-time, that comes with big bills and OMG I hope I am doing all this right!

I am pretty confident that I am making good decisions for myself and my customers and that we can make it through this economy. This is it everyone. If things don't start picking up- I'm going to have to go online ONLY and that is the end of the dream :(

So, let me know what YOU the customer wants.

Yes, I am a resale shop but that part took a couple years to get together and it stays very steady. I rarely need to buy stuff for that part of the store because I have a pretty good supply. I still have un-inventoried items. It never hurts to ask because I am looking for items here and there all the time but like all shops around here, once you get a basic inventory - you just can't buy a lot of items at once because you just don't have the room. I'm looking for that fabulous can't find outfit or fantastic basic that I just can't seem to keep in stock. Or great recyclable items like slings and stuff like that.

And remember, on top of the resale department I sell a good variety of new items (clothing included) so there is always choices.

My current vendors I work with are:
See Kai Run
Baby Legs - Just in! http://www.babylegs.net/newWeb/home.php?main=ways&sub=ways
Melissa & Doug
Little Knits
Inky Binky Baby
Hippie Clippies
Diapees and Wipees

I also carry Laura Roppe's CD's (please please please go to her website linked below or google her or check out uTube - I'll put a video up one of these days) and fall in love and come in and buy a CD. I can't say enough about her and even though I only met her a couple times, her music speaks to you like a friend and you'll feel like you know her. Become a fan and check out her blogs and her story and that's a whole new world. I have had her CD's in the store before I realized what an impact her story would have on me so go on, when you are done reading here and listen online to "Float Away" or "Little Daughter"

and possibly coming soon by popular request- FuzziBunz (more about that- including interest, classes, casing, etc.) I'm thinking I need to invest in a few pairs myself. I never thought I would say that, but this economy and planet are in need of change, saving $, and supporting other small businesses (by moms of course!)

and then I have lots of new clothes that are mostly on consignment from other out-of-business boutiques/stores/online sellers/etc. Or great finds I have found that didn't have minimum orders since I'm on such a tight budget.

I'm on my laptop and it is as usual super late so I'm going to skip the pictures and long stories and finish up.

Okay, so new shipments in so I'll be around getting everything displayed nicely AND preparing for the Scripps Ranch Farmer's Market. I'll post all the info and address again for convenience. I'll be there every Saturday for awhile (unless it rains, then I'll be at the store) and then possibly at the store for an hour afterwards. I usually just bring my new items or seasonal resale items but will bring any item there if requested so feel free to shoot me an email or call (before 4 on Friday!) and I'll pack up specific items for special pick-up. Plus, then you get a fun day out supporting the community, local businesses, and lots of stuff for kids to do!

On the BabyLegs- remember they (1) aren't just for babies! (2) aren't just for girls (3) did you notice that the new on the new Olivia show she has a different pair on in each scene? So cute, and my neice knows the little voice behind the most popular pig! and (4) are totally comfortable, stylish, and afford-ably priced. They are one of the most popular shower gifts right now! I personally love them with a set of burp cloths and something fun like Diapees and Wipees. I can also do special orders and team orders for sports!

Gifts- I will package and ship your gifts. If you want something I don't have give me your budget and I will make a perfect gift prepared for you to give with just a couple basic questions and deposit.

Story time- thank you again to The Big Chill in Scripps Ranch for the donations! I can't wait to catch up on everything and plan a regular story time once or twice a month. I'd like to post on the major web sites and Family Magazine (look for our ad this month!) to catch a fun turn-out and try out different themes and music.

Thanks again for your support. I know the past few weeks have been a little off for not just myself physically, emotionally and at work - but also it seems everyone has a story themselves. So hang in there. We can make it through the tough times. Hey, I pushed out three babies. I can keep my chin up :)

No comments: