09 March 2009

New Time, New Week, New Stuff and New Events!

I've been crazy-working on the online store and so much more to do! I've been invited to four big shows also (on weekends other than the Farmer's Market) so I'm trying to decide which (any? all?) are best suited. For sure, the SR Community Fair! Keep you updated on the rest in case you want to check out some stuff in person (if you are local), on a weekend, while doing something else fun!


Thursday story time is still planned for 1 PM. I have had lots of calls, emails, etc. and not really sure whether to expect just a couple little ones or a dozen- either way we will have fun. As mentioned- RSVP's requested, not required. And small groups welcome. Or I can plan some day specific to your group. Please excuse the *dust* as I finish re-arranging the store, get out donations, and divide some things out specifically for online, etc. Let's just have fun. Casual. Come by.



And I think by April we should be ready for some parties? Let's get on it ;)










I have lots of new stuff from Hippie Clippies and Baby Legs, and expecting an order from Inky Binky Baby. Love the new line!

Just call or email if you are coming by Tues/Weds and want to make sure I'm at the store before dropping by. I know it is awful for walk-ins if the store is closed, but as a new business and the only employee- well, I have to weigh out the risks and then jump.
STOUR HOURS MARCH 9th-13th

Right now, I'm thinking Tuesday 10-1ish and Wednesday I can either come early and leave again at 1 or come by after lunch and stay until 3. I have to leave both days by 3 regardless (school transportation for this week and next!) But Thursday all day. Friday again will be a short day, 1:30-4. Volunteer!
Saturday, still debating. Might take this week off from the Farmer's Market to accommodate some Saturday-Shopping requests and work in the store. Lots to do there anyway with so much going on. See how the week goes... www.freshpickedboutique.com available SOON!!!!

But once the online store is running, things should calm down. If all goes well, I hope to have it at least up for viewing by the end of the week and completed by the end of March... I do take orders over the phone and ship though anytime so just because my "online shopping cart" isn't available to view doesn't mean it is not there.

So, I haven't had any fantastic postings or interesting stories lately and I hope you, as other moms, understand that sometimes life throws us into a whirlpool of demands. I promise as always to accommodate you as best I can including shipping, appointments, coupons, service and I always welcome custom orders! Let me get your gift together so you can get one more thing checked off your own list. And so after all that, I just have this to add:

I also have lots of donations for drop-off and as always, there is a high need in the shelters so if you have anything in nice or fixable condition including infant towels, blankets, bibs, stuff for moms, books or toys, clothing, etc. and don't know what to do with it- give me a call and arrange a time to bring it by (or if you see posted hours for the day any time during those).

Donations to the store welcome as well ;) Anything that we don't need (or sell right away) goes into the donation bins.
Don't forget to purchase a ribbon clippie so I can include some needed cash donations! Want a custom ribbon for your cause? Doing a walk? Etc.? Ask, ask, ask. Let me see what I can do for you.
Women and children often leave with little or nothing and tend to get lost in the system. Keep them safe and comfortable- it is something they might not have been in a long time. Remember, domestic violence comes in all forms and affects all "classes" of people. Being thrown from a "middle-class" lifestyle to being homeless is only one of many transitions and hardships that are endured. Google it. Then look around your house. Most people have at least one toy or never-going-to-wear-those-too-small-pants again or the shower gift that just was not your style! One small item adds up when everyone contributes. I'll do the work- I just need you guys to keep giving. It has been fantastic.
boys to men campaign NYC
National Child Abuse Awareness month is in April. Let's see what Fresh Picked can do to raise awareness on symptoms and signs of child abuse and neglect- and understanding that their is more than one way child abuse is defined. Emotional, intimidation, witnessing abuse, neglect, ignorance, and more all are forms of child abuse. Even when their are no "bruises" to arouse suspicion, their just might be an "inside boo-boo".





Okay, back to work on the site and try and get some sleep. Tuesday and Wednesday the hours are not "set-in-stone" except I do have to have to leave no later than 3. So, if you want to come in I will shuffle my schedule if possible and if not, get you a coupon or offer free shipping. This is the make-it-or-break-it six month point. Got to get the site up! I love the store and so many people shop online, I know we can reach a greater audience and encourage fashion, affordability, recycling of clothing, and other fun stuff and at the same time have a "brick-and-mortar" location that supports other moms. A place to shop in comfort, take a seat, let your little ones read a book and play. Nurse or feed your baby.

Much thanks and love to Shanon for all the hours devoted to creating the layout and design hours to come as it gets perfected (remember, I will have it up and running before it is actually "completed"). Words don't say enough/money doesn't pay enough. Need a site for your business, group, organization, personal use or whatever- I'd love to pass the referral on! Just ask.




I'd like to place the See Kai Run order early this week, so if you wanted a custom order from me now is the time to email/call! I'll also follow up with everyone who had asked (or at least I will attempt to!).






Stay tuned.

No comments: