05 March 2009

Thursday Update: Phooey on Technology


Quick update again- things have been busy with everything!


First- it seems there is some trouble getting onto the new online store from some computers, which I am trying to figure out how to fix. When you go to http://www.freshpickedboutique.com/ it should say "Coming Soon" with my logo and a link to my blog (this site). Seems some connections are giving an error message saying "Cannot be displayed" or "Cannot be found" - including my own current connection. I've been trying to work on so I can get it up and at least started within the next week. If your computer is having this problem- let me know so I can find out more about it. It doesn't seem to be a firewall or security problem. Cable connections and Cable with Routers are going through. But so far DSL with routers are not able to access. Email me and let me know if this is happening to you so I can get the problem fixed ASAP! Email, call or submit a comment or fill out the form below and let me know your type of connection and whether or not you have a router so I can give the hosting company some more info. It may also just be something on computers connected through routers on an internal connection (like a business) using a router. I need to find out more so the problem can be fixed and any help would be appreciated. Thank you!


If you have emailed or left me a message, I have a list of emails and calls to return that I am replying to as fast as I can. If I have not responded- feel free to send a follow-up because I have one email that was returned with the wrong address that was left on the machine so I am trying to find out what I did wrong in the spelling and another phone call that got cut off the last two numbers. Darn technology right?


Current hours- today, Thursday I have an appointment at 10:30 and 2:30 so I will be open from 11 to 2:15. If you need anything after hours, please call or email and I will work with you. Questions and RSVPs are also ok to send anytime of day.


Friday, should be normal Friday hours (11-4) as I am still volunteering at my daughter's school.


Saturday....

Is it going to rain or shine? Weather forecasts keep changing so hopefully by tomorrow I should know whether I will be at the SR Farmer's Market in the AM or at the store. I will keep an update on that. Again, should I go to the Farmer's Market and you would like to visit me there and bring something specific, please call or email before 2:00 PM Friday to ensure I can get that for you. I also can open the store for an hour afterwards for those of you wanting to do general shopping if I have at least one appointment to do so. Let me know!


Remember, I can ship or deliver if you are nearby in some cases. Call ahead if you are thinking about gift wrapping, baskets, etc. so I can plan accordingly. By next week I should have a better selection of gift wrap and once the online store is running I will have full gift wrap service available.


Military discount still today and tomorrow!


Lots of new arrivals and working on tagging and inventory so if you want something you don't see- please ask. Also still taking special orders for See Kai Run and See Kai Run Smaller! Working on contacting those of you on my email list who listed an interest. More new arrivals and ideas coming soon also- I'll keep you updated.


Thank you everyone for your support. As always, donations are accepted always of any item and I will get them to the appropriate DV shelter as their needs vary. I also take direct donations that can be sold- I price them at a low price to just cover overhead to keep things up and running and if they don't sell quickly they do go to a shelter or a family in need.


Finally, story time is planned for Thursday March 12th at 1:00 and Wednesday the 25th at 12:30. However, if I get requests for other times or days I can work with that. RSVPs are requested but never required. It just helps me plan on spacing and children's age. Or if I have a big request for a time change or longer than an hour so people can come and go- that works too. Input on further dates and times always welcome and playgroups, moms groups, etc. always welcome or I can set up something special just for your group.


Okay, I'm off and running as usual. Subscribe to my feed or follow the blog for notifications of updates. And if you are on Facebook, both the Fresh Picked Boutique Group and Fresh Picked Boutique Store pages are up and running and I'd love to have you check it out!


Looking to get the link on the site here for that and seeing where else I can get some word out.


Also have some requests for parties/crafts/etc. Let's work on setting those up. We can even do after hours or Sundays.


Thanks for reading, as always.

XOXO

No comments: