21 March 2009

Saturday News and Then Some.

I'll actually be in the store for a few hours today instead of the Farmer's Market to catch up on some inventory and receipts/tax logging (fun stuff!). Feel free to call and set an appointment if you want to come by. Otherwise, I'll be working on the online store the remainder of the "working day" and every night after the kids go to bed as long as I need too.



I have a weekly update also and will post later today or tomorrow.



There is so much going on- so I am going to be in and out of the store to get some things settled. I know this has been a major inconvenience for some of you- but, it has to be done and the sooner the better, so I do apologize.



Although my usual store hours are Tuesday-Saturday (or SRFM on Saturdays), for the next few weeks I will take shopping appointments or offer discounts/shipping any day of the week (but you have to ask!). The store phone is forwarded when I am out of the store and you can call or email anytime.



Wednesday was planned as another story time in the afternoon- however, it seems that I just have a playgroup interested if I offered an earlier time. And so I offered them to come at 11:15 on the 25th and figured if anyone had RSVP'd for later, I could do it twice. But I have no confirmed afternoon RSVP's so I am going to officially change the time to 11:15. I will contact anyone who had inquired but not confirmed as well as post a separate post just on that. Also, I will update any web sites it is listed on...



I will elaborate more in a later post about more of what is planned for the next few weeks, as well as update the information on the main part of this site and my voicemail.



The online store is going to be a very important part of the business, as the economy is very slow and reaching a national market and offering convenient online ordering for shipping (pick-up also will be available for locals through the online store!) will ensure that Fresh Picked remains a fabulous San Diego business for years to come. This also will hopefully not only increase what merchandise I can offer, but increase selection!



It should be a Win-Win situation,- just think of it as a "remodel". When businesses go through a change or remodel, they often have to work around the clock but behind closed doors to do it efficiently. Both big chains and small businesses frequently need to reassess what is working, what is not, and what could change.



Hang in there with me and I promise you won't be disappointed. And don't worry if you have credit because your store credit is and will be good- even online. As soon as the website is up and running, I will figure out how to issue the "discount" and notify those of you with credit.



Gotta run. Happy Saturday! And soon I can get back to writing fun blog postings instead of all this blah, blah, blah informative stuff.

No comments: