01 November 2008

Happy Halloween!


Hope everyone had a wonderful Friday and an exciting Halloween with their little ones!


Sorry if closing the store was an inconvenience, but it ended up being a super busy day between class parties, quarterly sales tax filing, and not only getting three little excited kids ready to trick-or-treat, but then trying to get over-tired candy-eyed children to bed! Another late night of course, but it was all worth it.

The Halloween Costume rack at the store will now be replaced with Holiday outfits! I'll keep the costumes in the store for a short time before putting them in storage in case anyone is looking for any dress up outfits, but not too long. As the store is beginning to fill up and things to inventory is piling around, I do not want to accumulate too much clutter. Until they are packed away, they will still be 10% off the marked price.

And since the "special occasion" rack I have is not that big, I will probably still have great staple items around the store to be used for the upcoming season for dress-up and/or pictures, etc. So, if you don't see what you are looking for, as always- just ask. I'm more than happy to help you with ideas.

I also should be getting in a lot more new items (and possibly some larger sized used) on consignment so I'll be busy putting out new fall items such as Gymboree, Baby Lulu, CachCach and other boutique items for below retail. Be sure to stop by and see what is new. Remember, with a resale boutique, merchandise is constantly changing so there should be some new-to-you fabulous find each time you come in.

Some items of interest...

Did you accumulate way too much candy today, piled along with your own leftovers that did not get passed out? Don't want the temptation (for you or the kids) sitting around for the next year? Donate them to a good cause! Pick out your favorites and bring the rest by the store on Saturday (I'll let you know if I can take them next week as well). My oldest daughter's school is one of the schools teaming up with San Diego's "Super Dentists" Dr. Keri and Dr. Hoss. For each pound of candy donated, the school will receive a $1.00 donation and so will Rady Children's Hospital Foundation. And the best part? The candy will be shipped to our troops overseas! I saw the article in the November Issue of Family Magazine (did you see our first ad????) and wondered how Fresh Picked could be a part of this. Then today I heard the school would be taking the donations to the dentists, so I could just bring any extra or donated candy to them and they would pass it on. Everyone wins. I hope you have a little something to drop off for this good cause. I'll be open the usual hours on Saturday, 10-4.

And Tuesday election day is finally here, so go vote and wear your sticker to the store for a special discount. And if you forgot where your polling place is located, I placed a link to the site on my sidebar. I'll post more details before Tuesday. Presidential elections have the highest voter turnout and this year, the issues have been even more heated. Remember to educate yourself on an issue/proposition before voting on it or if you are confused and don't have the time, feel free to leave that box blank. It is okay to just vote what you know about so you make choices you are happy with.

Finally, tomorrow through Wednesday (November 1st-5th) will be military discount days, so please bring your ID if you are eligible.

Until next next time.

No comments: