03 November 2008

Voting Day!

So, the candy drive has ended and no donations :(

I guess the short notice was not very helpful. My bad. Good intentions though.

However, Tuesday is voting day and as a good citizen (and of course, one of my degrees was in Political Science) I encourage you all to take ten minutes and go place your votes! Can't remember where to go? The link on the site is still up that can direct you to your polling place. Bring in your sticker (or receipt of mail-in if you voted by mail) Tuesday or Wednesday this week November 4th and 5th for a 5% discount of any store purchase. As usual, cannot be combined with other coupons, discounts or store credit. No minimum purchase required.

Military discount is also until the 5th this month.

Briefly, I still haven't figured out how to put on the machine at the store if I might be running late or have to run out for an appointment so I'm still posting here. I have an appointment around the corner Wednesday morning and might be in twenty minutes late if it lags (which I have a feeling it will). And later this month one day, I have another one at 8:30. I will post which day when it gets close just in case that one also runs late.

If you haven't been in recently, I have lots and lots of new stuff - some of it has been inventoried and lots more is on its way to be. I will also be getting more new stuff in (new Gymboree, new and used Baby Lulu and more) hopefully this week. And I got boxes of donations for both the store and to donate (Thank you, thank you, thank you). So I'll be going through those also as time allows. I will also pick up donations locally if I am able.

Also, I found this fabulous web site I hope to be getting some new items from just in time for fall and the holidays. Handmade, boutique quality and totally stylish accessories. I'll post pictures and more information after the details are made. And hopefully in the next month or so, some other handmade stuff will be working its way into the store. In addition, I have these great little "hold-alls". I have to take pictures because my description won't do them justice.

But here goes a brief try-at-it:
They are basically different style of baby-socks made into little purses. Great for holding anything that falls to the bottom of your bag- not just change. Think pacifiers, lip gloss, medication, tampons even. Or great as gifts for kids and adults alike. Love them.

These sort of things are what helps make this resale shop a boutique- quality, variety, great deals and fabulous stuff.

What ideas do you have? Anything you would like to see? Feel free to post comments if you don't have my email- I read them! I know I love the resale aspect of the store. Not only economically for us moms does it make sense but recycling our little ones stuff (and our maternity) is a good thing to do. However, we all like something new now and then also and I like that my store has that option.


It feels like fall finally, at least for now! Here's a picture of one of my girls (way back when) cozied up in her Barefoot Dreams jacket. Don't forget the playroom, rocking chair and changing station if you just want to get out for a bit. It is part of the store for a reason and I love to see it being used!

Speaking of a new season, let's get some ideas going. Activities you would like to see, playgroups to plan, merchandise you would like to see, community events (like a blood drive), etc. Or maybe you have something you do and would like to promote or sell. Or a "class" to teach. And I still haven't started on story time but would love to add that now that the weather is changing and people are looking for new activities. I want your input as the consumer.

Talk to me!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Nanettie!

My name is Kate Ulmer, and I work in the production development department at Varuna Entertainment. We produce reality and docuseries programming for such networks as CMT, truTV, the History Channel, and the Discovery Channel.

We are currently casting for an upcoming series with the Oxygen network featuring pregnant women all over the country.

I came across your boutique, and I was wondering if there was any way that I could have our casting call posted at your location.

If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please contact me. Thanks!

Kate Ulmer
Varuna Entertainment
www.varunatv.com
8489 West 3rd Street
Los Angeles, CA 90048
P 323-801-2280 x3140
F 323-801-2281
kulmer@varunatv.com

Nanette said...

Yes, let's get in touch. I know of some people I'd like to call but I want to talk more and get some info. I'll call or email. And you can do the same. The info is on the site.

Thank you!
Nanette