17 November 2008

November 18th-21st

Sorry for the (1) lack of posting when there is so much going on and so much to write about and (2) for the last minute update and inconvenience of store hours.

From now until further notice, I will be open at 10:30 on Fridays and am trying to figure out how to make up for that lost time. I may be there sooner but not always so it seems like it might just be easier to say I will be open at 10:30 and you can always call first.

This week also on the 18th and 19th I won't be there until about 10:30/10:45. Wednesday for sure between 10:30 and 10:45 due to a doctor appointment that will not run late. And Tuesday I am not quite sure. I have court in the AM and am trying to figure out how to get it over as quickly as possible. Or get an extension and do in another time or an afternoon when I can get a sitter. This Friday however, there is a slight, slight chance that I may do my volunteering on Friday in the afternoon instead of the morning and as the week progresses I will keep updated.

Then the following week comes Thanksgiving and I am trying to figure out what sort of schedule is best for my customers. I can open Friday early, late, not at all? Sale on Saturday instead? New products are in for the Holiday shoppers! I will be closed Thursday for Thanksgiving and possibly close early the Wednesday before unless I get requests otherwise.

So this week and next, call call call if you are planning on coming in early! Or if you want to schedule some holiday shopping next week- I can also just open Wed/Fri by appointment and give special attention.

After that, regular hours will resume and I will be planning December events, specials and promoting new products and ideas. I hope to have a VERY busy month with lots of different activities and ideas. Now into our third month, I am ready to be as busy as possible.

There will be times when I do have to leave such as this week, but I am looking also into having someone that can cover me for that hour or so so that I won't have to close the store. Hey, I too am a mom. And with three young ones going at this alone things do come up. But I want this business to be a success so whatever it takes- even if I have to take an appointment when I wouldn't normally. Or I am available at other times for personal shopping if you (a) don't want to or (b) don't have the time (c) hate the holiday crowds or (d) can't find a sitter and even (e) want someone else to get those good deals for you.

I can also help plan showers, events, registries, and help with pre- and post-baby info. All the above can be discussed further at your request.

I'll update with some real postings again soon. Until then, stop by and check out price reductions on new merchandise and other great deals on high-quality products!

No comments: