18 December 2008

"Let your children play"

Today's thunder showers made my first story hour a total flop! I'm pretty bummed... However, The Big Chill (Scripps Ranch yummy frozen yogurt located off Avenida Magnifica) has offered to donate some yogurt to my next story hour! They have new holiday and winter flavors to try out also. And remember, I keep their coupons in my store :) I am going to take my kids over there to do some taste testing of my own. I wonder if candy-cane flavored yogurt would be good with hot fudge? Hmmm... Ice Cream and Yogurt in the wintertime might seem like an odd combo, but to me it is just as comforting. And it lowers your body temperature a tiny bit making it seem just a little less cold outside (even if it is only temporary). But, that's me. I have ice cream or frozen yogurt almost every night. I joke that's part of my "diet".


So, I'll be thinking of another good day to do a story hour (or half-hour). It's supposed to rain again on Monday. And most kids are off school. Something to do in the yucky weather and maybe do a little holiday shopping while getting a free treat! Any interest?


On to another subject, as I mentioned in an earlier posting my new shipment of See Kai Run shoes had arrived. They have new boxes with a little letter from from the owner on the side. I just loved the quote. Here it is "See Kai Run is a family owned business located in Seattle delivering the highest quality shoes to thousands of jumping, dancing, skipping, soaring little ones throughout the US and abroad. Let your little ones outside to run...and climb...and play! They'll look stylish, and most importantly, their little feet will be protected and comfortable in our butter-soft leather and flexible rubber soles. Enjoy!"


It reminds me of bubbles on a warm Spring day...


For those of you not familiar with the brand, here is some info from their web site. And like all my vendors, it is a family based business supporting moms!

See Kai Run and Smaller promote healthy development of babies' and children's
feet with their ultra-flexible soles, soft leather and wide toe box. Our
footwear meets the American Podiatric Medical Association's rigorous standards
for foot health and functionality and has been awarded the APMA's prestigious
Seal of Acceptance.

Why See Kai Run?
Healthy Fit
Very flexible
soles are healthy for developing feet.
Wide opening and toe box accommodate
even the chubbiest little feet.
Velcro closure allows for adjustable fit and
easy on and off.
Leather lining is breathable and durable.
Padded collar
adds comfort and helps our shoes stay on little feet.
Quality
Construction
Leather used for our footwear meets the most stringent available
U.S. and international guidelines.
Sheepskin leather uppers are butter-soft
and more durable by weight than cow leather used by many other brands.
Durable construction and rubber sole stand up to heavy play indoors and out.
Urban Style
Hip, urban styles in modern color palettes.
Bold designs
and detailing.
Modern takes on classic styles.

And some pictures of my new styles (and some I still have in stock- some on
sale!).







Okay, so not the best layout. Hey, it's late. And rainy. I
think I'll finish the laundry and go cuddle with my little ones.

Tomorrow I have a holiday party for my oldest daughter at 9, so I'll probably be open around 11-ish. You can always call first. Or just assume 12-4. I'll get there as early as I can because I do have a ton of stuff to inventory and tag. And I found some more Holiday/Winter clothes- both new
and used. Come and get them. All new clothes are usually marked at least 30-50% off! It depends on different factors.

And special opening on Monday for last minute shopping from 10:30 to 2:30 at least. That's all for tonight.

No comments: